Monday, April 20, 2009

I will always remember you as..

In your lifetime you may have known thousands of people, but only few leave only few manage to make space in you heart and live there. These special people maybe family, friends or lovers and they share a part of you life with you. But sometimes there are also other people whom we don't know very well, yet they manage to be in our memories and there's always a special way in which you remember them.

We have images and fond memories of people and sometimes that is how you save them in your memories. An image, a word, a touch or sometimes a phase you went through with them.

I have a loving family and few good friends, and when I look down the memory lane there are some people I remember, those whom I don't know very well but I remember them in certain ways and for they will always be remembered in that way only.

People I will always remember this way..

My first crush--I was in third standard and as every year I was taking part in the annual function. We were doing a play on Sleeping Beauty and this boy was to be my prince. Whenever the part where 'he kissed her little finger' came this boy got red in the cheeks and picked my hand, placed his thumb over my little finger and then kissed his own thumb. Ofcourse the teachers caught this shy act and the seniors teased him to kiss my little finger and that's how all the hype began. Girls started teasing me with his name and I started blushing. I don't think I had any idea of what a crush means but yes I did enjoy all the teasing and him blushing. A year later he moved to the neighboring Boys school and I only heard stories of how cheap and roadside he had become. This is how he was in my memory, the Prince who kissed his own finger. :)
I recently found him on facebook and he still refers to me as 'Sleeping Beauty', but I never returned the gesture by calling him 'Prince', but in my mind 'Prince to the Sleeping Beauty' he will be.

My sister--No matter how old we grow but the way I remember my sister in my mind is her in our boarding school days. We used to be together and even though she hated to have me around (mostly as i fought with all her friends) she did take care of me. I remember us waking up at night and asking to accompany to the washroom as we would be dead scared of all the haunting stories we had heard. I remember her asking me to move the beds closer so she could hold my hand and sleep when she would be scared.My sister is beautiful and I've seen her turn into such a fun person. But I will always remember my sister from my boarding school.

My friend -- she was a friend of mine in my boarding school and for most of the part I remember my only friend. We were both the shortest in the class and always played with stones. We sat in the front row and talked about silly childhood fantasies. She had a crush on a boy from our neighboring school and the boys often came to play hockey. He was in the hockey team and since we girls were beginners they came to our rescue. I remember when once he was teaching her how to hold the stick right and she was blushing away and looking back instead of front. I always remember her with him. I even tried to get them talking and told him that she liked her, but he didn't recognise her and then few months later he left the school and went away. Pema and laddoo.
I also met this friend again on orkut, but she doesn't respond to my scraps or mails.

If I gt down to it, there can be so many more people I could count, but for today this is it.

How do you remember people? a conversation? a name? a kiss?

No comments:

Post a Comment