Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My first eblog: Yesterday's events

I'm starting from yesterday's events, don't know why i feel like writing about it though as nothing eventful happened. And that makes me think whether is this gonna be a trend I'm gonna follow here, writing about the 'in the past' stuff. Well, i don't want to and on second thought its just yesterday not months or years ya!

I usually wake up at 5:30 AM, yes people that's "AM" and its because my work timings are early 7am-4pm. Its somewhat by choice, actually a lot by choice and adding to it is that this timing makes my work easy too you know, co-ordinating with the team in another continent and stuff. Well, so I woke up feeling its Friday. Now I can't explain how 'you feel certain days', you have to feel them, the mood, the psyche, the attitude, many things. So if you know what I'm talking about good else I can't help you, sorry. I slept in the cab (different from what i used to do few weeks earlier, that is read), but since its really dark so its better to warm my seat and snug in it, with my ipod shuffle on all the way of course, this is good coz i listen to what i want and second it saves me from the mood dependent music the driver plays. Yes, I'm lucky to not have to drive myself to work. Reached office to find I didn't have any thing much to do (unlike most times), this just made sleep fill my eyes again but i couldn't stretch my legs and start dreaming, so i found a way to dream without stretching my legs, i lay on my desk and took a few 10 minute naps being interrupted by none but myself thinking someone might be watching me. It didn't do much but still it was ok. The day went by yawning, net surfing, reading some stuff, writing some and again yawning, cup of tea, lunch, reading , cup of tea and time to go home. But i didn't have to go home, i had to go for my Jazz dance class. Finally something interesting i think. So I took an different cab from my usual cab and asked clearly if it was going the way i wanted to, they agreed and i hoped into the middle row window seat. I always keep a novel in my bag to help me avoid awkward situations and sometimes for good time pass when I'm not sleepy. I was reading it again with my ipod on when i saw the person next to me swinging in sleep and with the first sharp turn we took her head landed on my shoulder. 'Okay' i thought. I'm very and highly individualistic, to extents where i find such stuff awkward and get stiff and conscious. So I was sitting still for 15 minutes, in between when she kept landing and taking off her head from my shoulder and was thinking of whether i should ask her to move a little to the other side, but couldn't decide. That's such a bad thing, coz even i started feeling sleepy and slept off ( not on any one's else's shoulder please).
When i woke up we were at some strange place that I've never been to. I asked the driver for the place where i needed to go and he said we didn't take that route. Crap! So he said i can get off a place that is very close to my destination and i did to find an auto and get to my dance class and i was 5 minutes late, another 3 minutes of walking to studio, changing and getting on the floor.

Seeing myself in that mirror dancing gives me enormous joy. I feel so good about myself and my life. It brings so much assurance to my mind, body and soul.

Assures my mind as it brings joy that my life is more to it than just my job, that my creativity is alive and also reminds that i will never become like all those boring people see in office all day.

Assures my body that i care for myself, i don't neglect myself and work on my body with dedication.

Assures my soul that i am keeping alive one more thing that bring me to life and makes me feel free.

The class is fun and though i don't know anyone there but i feel so in place, like i belong here and want to spend more time here. The class ends after some challenging workout and fun dance. I change and leave for home, take a hitch form one of the batch mates (like last Saturday), the only guy in the class actually, he's from Chennai and preparing for IAS. We chat along on the way about 'Delhi girls' and their habits and ways. He tries to trigger a 'i thought your boyfriend..' question to know if I'm single and i make it more than clear that I'm single and happy and not looking for anything. He goes on about it for a while and i start getting irritated and change the topic something less irritating, like listening to his love story and then drift back to 'Delhi girls'. Reach home, snug into the blanket, troubled my brother and sister with some childish stuff and my smelly feet (eeuh they really smell bad!), ate some pakora's but didn't enjoy them, they tasted good but missed the fun of fighting over them with my siblings as they had already stuffed themselves before i reached, watched 'Seinfeld' and 'Friends' and drifted off to sleep, woke up 4 hours later, went to my room, pulled out my clothes for next day and went off to sleep again.

1 comment:

  1. i think you are a good thinker & writter too.

    But think +vely.. it will work.

    ReplyDelete